Tight 1.2.2: big slowdown?

Frank Evan Perdicaro frank "at" dsea.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:43:26 +0000

	Just yesterday I "upgraded" from Tight 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 by
   grabbing the binaries (server and dll) and installing them on my
   Windows98 system.  My hope was to eliminate the long-standing
   crashing bug.

	The system seems stable -- no crashes -- but quite a bit
   slower.

	The client has not changed, only the server.  The environment
   of the server has not changed, just the executable and dll.  In my
   mind this minimal change should not have caused such a slowdown.

	The slowdown is in interactive speed, not ultimate redraw
   speed.  Since we are on a slow link, the result is lowered
   productivity.

	Has anybody else experienced this problem with 1.2.2?