twm process dies

Kurt P. Lloyd kplloyd "at" lucent.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:48:20 +0000

Oh yes,
Be sure to export DISPLAY before running twm.
Also, after twm &, your can do xterm &, just
to make sure you're not looking at a vncviewer
that has nothing in it.
BTW, I just tried it myself, by commenting-out
twm from xstartup, and this trick worked fine for
me, just as it did with dtwm.  At the very least,
if this doesn't work for you, it may rule out some
possibilities as to the root cause of the original
problem.
-Kurt