AuthHost Question

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:52:27 +0000

Yes, if you're using Tridia's distro or TightVNC, add the "QueryAccept"
dword reg key and set it to "1".  Then set your AuthHosts to "-:?", and set
a key labeled "QueryTimeout" with the value in seconds that you're
comfortable with.

The user will then get prompted to accept/reject the connection, but will
default to "accept" if the time set in "QueryTimeout" is exceeded.

Search the mailing list archives for more info.

Glenn.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Laden [mailto:DLaden "at" co.sanmateo.ca.us]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 6:25 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: AuthHost Question

I was looking for a way to leverage the Authhost and QuerySettings
properties
to have a window pop up whenever someone connects to the machine.  I wanted
something more invasive than the system tray icon from going from a white
background to a black background.  I would like the user to have an
opportunity to cancel the connect but I would like the connection to succeed
if no one is availabe to authority it.  It seems the timeout answer is to
reject the connection.  Is there a way to have the timeout answer to accept
the connection?

Thanks,
Dan