ConnectPriority - Registry info

tmillar@idrc.ca tmillar "at" idrc.ca
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:27:03 +0000

As requested, here are the registry files as per below...

Tracy Millar
ITMD/DGTI
IDRC/CRDI
(613) 236-6163 ext 2581
tmillar "at" idrc.ca
http://intra1.idrc.ca/mis-sig
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Alex Angelopoulos" <alex "at" bittnet.com>, on 2002/01/17 1:49 PM:
To: iSMTP "at" HQNT11@Servers[<vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>],Tracy Millar "at" MIS
SIG "at" IDRC CRDI

Reposting this - I didn't see it pop up and I posted a couple of hours ago-

Barring a quick answer from anyone else -

Export the following two registry keys and send them to the list.   This is
where everything VNCish lives on MS-Win32.
REMOVE the password hashes...they can theoretically be decrypted (in fact, I
think it's stronger than theoretically).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3

- and -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\DEFAULT

NOTE THE DEFAULT on the end of the HKLM key. Essentially the
WinVNC3 user key
and the
WinVNC3\DEFAULT machine key
should be identical.