Question about Tridia VNC

Lee Brown leebrown "at" vanguardsolutions.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:30:40 +0000

Two things to note with the Tridia VNC, windows version:
1. The viewer help tells you to buy the CD or a support plan.
2. The web server is disabled and the options to enable it have been
removed.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Freddy Jensen
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 12:15
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Cc: jensen "at" adobe.com
Subject: Question about Tridia VNC

I downloaded Tridia VNC to experiment with it
and find out if I should replace our AT&T vnc
installations with Tridia.

One thing that I noticed was that the -help
output from vncserver, vncviewer, and Xvnc
is identical between the AT&T version and
Tridia (except for one Xvnc option:  -lazytight).

Question:

 Does this mean that the tight compression in
 Tridia is completely transparent?

 There doesn't seem to be any options to configure
 it. Is that correct?

 I thought I saw a comments on this mailing list
 saying that you can adjust the compression, and
 even set it to be lossy to get higher performance.
 Is that correct?

 How about the -lazytight option? What exactly does
 it do?

Thanks

--
Freddy Jensen, Sr. Computer Scientist, Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704, USA, Ph: (408) 536-2869