java.net.ConnectException: Connection Refused after logging in

Jon Griffith jon "at" centerpoint.cc
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:11:05 +0000

I am accessing one of my servers remotely through a Linksys router that has
re-directed port 5800 to the internal system running VNC.  Inside my network
I can access this machine by typing http://server:5800 and it works
wonderfully.

>From outside the network, on my home system, I receive the
java.net.ConnectException: Connection Refused error when I enter the
password for the VNC Authentication.  Anyone know the solution to this
problem?

Is it my version of IE?  6.0.2600.0000

Thanks for your help.