Win2k service unstoppable

Kenneth Porter shiva "at" well.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 08:40:43 +0000

My VNC service on Win2k Server has stopped responding, and I can't shut
it down remotely with the management console; it just reports "stopping"
and appears to be ignoring the stop request. I expect I'll have to
reboot the server to get VNC back again. I see nothing interesting in
the event logs that might give a clue.

Anyone have experience with this? Is there anything I can do short of
rebooting the box?

Attempts to telnet to port 5900 are refused so I think the service is no
longer even listening.