Problems connecting through internet

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 00:38:07 +0000

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 04:49:58PM -0600, Hotel Puesta del Sol wrote:

> At this point, I think that the problem is linked to my inablity to telnet to
> the machine and I would appreciate it if anyone had suggestions as to what
> might be causing this.

Yes, it sounds like you are correct.  This is most likely due to some
sort of firewall configuration either on your part or your Internet
provider's at either the client side or the server side.  You can
probably determine whether it is on the client side or the server side
by testing a telnet to port 5900 from a third Internet location.

Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/