vnc connection problem

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:32:53 +0000

OK, that's why the VNC FAQ had that point...

You will want to mention the chipset you have for video.  Also, if this is a system with AGP video using "shared" memory, you may
have other problems develop.  A cheap PCI video card (if you can find one any more) may be the best solution.  First thing though is
to visually verify the video chipset and see if an adequate alternate driver can be installed.  You may even be able to force the
SVGA drivers with Win2K to install.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul W. Mittan" <pwm115 "at" psu.edu>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Thursday/2002 January 17 15:47
Subject: RE: vnc connection problem

: You made an excellent point I never thought of...  Video Driver.  It's
: an older PC with integrated video, and while Win 98 was able to supply a
: nice video driver, Win 2k does not.  I have an error in my device
: manager because I can't find a driver that will work.  Anyone know of a
: generic driver that I could use that would work with VNC???
: