Alex Angelopoulos alex "at"
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:37:38 +0000

Reposting this - I didn't see it pop up and I posted a couple of hours ago-

Barring a quick answer from anyone else -

Export the following two registry keys and send them to the list.   This is where everything VNCish lives on MS-Win32.
REMOVE the password hashes...they can theoretically be decrypted (in fact, I think it's stronger than theoretically).

- and -

NOTE THE DEFAULT on the end of the HKLM key. Essentially the
WinVNC3 user key
and the
WinVNC3\DEFAULT machine key
should be identical.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tracy Millar" <tmillar "at">
To: <vnc-list "at">
Sent: Thursday/2002 January 17 09:13
Subject: Re: ConnectPriority

: Well, I made the changes on the server, now the entry sits in HKLM and
: HKCU...but when connecting from one station then from another, the first one
: gets kicked out...I am connecting from Win95 station...does that make a
: difference?
: I also did as another person suggested, changed the priority from 2 to 1,
: that still didn't work.
: Tracy Millar
: LAN/Systems Analyst
: tmillar "at"