ConnectPriority

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:37:38 +0000

Reposting this - I didn't see it pop up and I posted a couple of hours ago-

Barring a quick answer from anyone else -

Export the following two registry keys and send them to the list.   This is where everything VNCish lives on MS-Win32.
REMOVE the password hashes...they can theoretically be decrypted (in fact, I think it's stronger than theoretically).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3

- and -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\DEFAULT

NOTE THE DEFAULT on the end of the HKLM key. Essentially the
WinVNC3 user key
and the
WinVNC3\DEFAULT machine key
should be identical.