vnc connection problem

Paul W. Mittan pwm115 "at" psu.edu
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:33:04 +0000

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default
AutoPortSelect		0x00000001 (1)
InputsEnabled		0x00000001 (1)
LocalInputsDisabled	0x00000000 (0)
OnlyPollConsole		0x00000001 (1)
OnlyPollOnEvent		0x00000000 (0)
PollForeground		0x00000001 (1)
PollFullScreen		0x00000000 (0)
PollUnderCursor		0x00000000 (0)
QuerySetting		0x00000002 (2)
QueryTimeout		0x0000000a (10)
SocketConnect		0x00000001 (1)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3
Same as above.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com] On Behalf Of Alex
Angelopoulos
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 7:36 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: vnc connection problem

Not sure about this - it sounds like it accepts your password, then sees
another problem.

Could you please post the following two registry keys from the Win2K
server which disconnects you?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3

They will both be fairly short - DON'T include the other VNC keys.
Also, mask out the password values before you post them - they
are hashed, but they can be decrypted I believe.