WinVNC and CTRL+ALT+DEL can't view active remote process ?

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:30:22 +0000

Let me ask another question since you say that.

Is the system running Windows 95/98/Me?

If yes, you simply can't use Ctl-Alt-Del - it halts all system processes on that architecture.

The alternative is to use some "alternate" tools as you thought.

One possibility if youhave access to the WIn98 Resource Kit from Microsoft is to use "tlist" and "kill".  You can also get similar
tools (with similar names) in Unix clone tools available for Windows.  The first one which comes to mind is "Cygwin" which is now
available from Red Hat
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

That is probably overkill for what you need. look for Win9x "clones" of the following and you will find what you need I think:

tlist
ps
pslist
kill