vnc connection problem

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:38:29 +0000

Not sure about this - it sounds like it accepts your password, then sees another problem.

Could you please post the following two registry keys from the Win2K server which disconnects you?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3

They will both be fairly short - DON'T include the other VNC keys.  Also, mask out the password values before you post them - they
are hashed, but they can be decrypted I believe.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul W. Mittan" <pwm115 "at" psu.edu>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Wednesday/2002 January 16 23:54
Subject: vnc connection problem

: When I try to connect to my server running VNC, it asks for a password,
: and when I put it in, it accepts the password, but immediately says
: "Connection Closed."  However, I can connect from my server to my other
: PC.  My server is running Win 2K, and my PC is running Win XP.  I can
: connect to other computers running VNC from my PC, just not my server.
: Any suggestions?  Thanks.
:
: Sincerely,
: