ConnectPriority

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 00:34:41 +0000

I assume you made the changes only in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (since that is what the docs seem to say).

You need to make the changes also in the user key.  When logged on as the user you normally connect as, go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3
and create the ConnectPriority key there as well.

Habing it set in HKLM only protects you while connected but not logged on- a not very high proportion of the time, I believe... ;)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tracy Millar" <tmillar "at" idrc.ca>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Wednesday/2002 January 16 09:58
Subject: ConnectPriority

: ConnectPriority...this is what the site says...
:
: By default, all WinVNC servers will disconnect any existing connections when
: an incoming, non-shared connection is
: authenticated.  This behaviour is undesirable when the server machine is
: being used as a shared workstation by several users
:                             or when remoting a single display to multiple
: clients for vewing, as in a classroom situation.
:                             ConnectPriority indicates what WinVNC should do
: when a non-shared connection is received:
:                             0 = Disconnect all existing connections.
:                             1 = Don't disconnect any existing connections.
:                             2 = Refuse the new connection.
:
: So I made the changes in the Registry on the server (added a DWord value
: called ConnectPriority = 2), however, I still get booted out if I'm using a
: VNC Connection and someone else tries to connect from their station to the
: same Server as me.  I made sure to reboot the server for the changes to take
: effect, but that still didn't work.
:
: Please let me know if you can help.
: