Server2000 login connection problem - help!

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:21:23 +0000

You may have a problem with no password set under HKLM - an easy way to check is to look in the registry under
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default]

and make certain you have that subkey.  If not, you can follow the instructions I just sent out on the thread "VNC as windows
service".

HTH

----- Original Message -----
From: "3wDesign" <3wdesign "at" home.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Wednesday/2002 January 16 12:51
Subject: Server2000 login connection problem - help!

: I've installed WinVNC as a Service on a server that I'm setting up.
: It is on an ADSL connection w/2 IP addresses assigned to it.
:
: WinVNC works fine if I'm logged onto the server (I can remotely view
: and control from another machine with the Viewer).  When I log out
: of the server, WinVNC should remain active (since it's installed as a
: service), but when I try to re-connect (to send a ctrl-alt-del to log back
: into server) I keep getting an error message "unable to connect to
: server" using the Viewer.
:
: Somehow logging out of a session shuts down WinVNC & I have no
: choice but to manually go back to the server and log in to get remote
: access back.
:
: I've installed 3.3.3r9, I've read the FAQs, mailing lists, gone through the
: registry settings, and checked Services to see if WinVNC is running as
: service or if there's any conflicts.  I've even removed and re-installed
: twice.
: nothing solve the problem yet :(  Can anyone point me towards the solution?
:
: Thanks
: Chris Allen
: 3wdesign "at" home.com