Providing (Windows) VNC support to clients that have strict c orporate firewalls

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:17:54 +0000

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:46:54PM -0800, Matthew.van.Eerde "at" hbinc.com wrote:
> There is a documented setting in the VNC Server to allow internal loopback
> connections.  I don't remember what it is offhand, but it is described in
> the section detailing how to create a secure connection.

The problem he ran into is not with the server but the client,
specifically the Linux vncviewer in listen mode.

Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/