Alt key not recognized in VNC session

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:05:24 +0000

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 02:38:51PM -0500, Frank S. Kim wrote:

> However when I start XEmacs in a VNC sessioni and press the Alt key, XEmacs
> complains that it does not recognize the Alt key.  This is not a problem
> though when I run a regular KDE session directly on my Linux desktop.

I don't know the whole story behind this, but here's a clue.  I've
noticed this in TightVNC's Xvnc man page:

  -compatiblekbd
      Set META key = ALT key, as in the original (AT&T) version of Xvnc.

Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/