ConnectPriority

tmillar@idrc.ca tmillar "at" idrc.ca
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:08:37 +0000

ConnectPriority...this is what the site says...

By default, all WinVNC servers will disconnect any existing connections when
an incoming, non-shared connection is
authenticated.  This behaviour is undesirable when the server machine is
being used as a shared workstation by several users
                            or when remoting a single display to multiple
clients for vewing, as in a classroom situation.
                            ConnectPriority indicates what WinVNC should do
when a non-shared connection is received:
                            0 = Disconnect all existing connections.
                            1 = Don't disconnect any existing connections.
                            2 = Refuse the new connection.

So I made the changes in the Registry on the server (added a DWord value
called ConnectPriority = 2), however, I still get booted out if I'm using a
VNC Connection and someone else tries to connect from their station to the
same Server as me.  I made sure to reboot the server for the changes to take
effect, but that still didn't work.

Please let me know if you can help.

Regards,

Tracy Millar