Draft 3 of the RFB 4.0 protocol

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:00:56 +0000

This is very nice Andrew...

Regrettably, as someone whose skills lie in the area of IT support, my contributions will be limited to Monday-morning
quarterbacking (and probably answering Win32 VNC questions while people are away from this list mulling the draft).  Let me know if
anyone needs dry-cleaning picked up while I'm at it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew van der Stock" <ajv "at" greebo.net>
To: <securevnc-rfbhackers "at" lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Wednesday/2002 January 16 05:18
Subject: Draft 3 of the RFB 4.0 protocol

: (This will be the second last announcement to the main VNC list - if you
: want to continue discussions on the VNC protocol, please join the
: rfbhackers mailing list by visiting:
: )
:
: After much work today, I've filled in a great deal of detail on
: authentication, channels, file transfers etc, and cleaned out the cruft
: and self-contradictory statements. The PDF should now work acceptably on
: Acrobat 3.x as well. This draft gives an excellent overview of where I
: think VNC needs to go, so please if you have a specific wish list,
: download the document and have a read. Don't worry - it's still VNC,
: just completely orthagonal.
:
: http://www.evilsecurity.com/vnc/
:
: The next edition will have pretty UML diagrams and more detail on the
: core display protocols.
:
: Andrew