Solaris-2-Solaris problem

Shing-Fat Fred Ma fma "at"
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:38:14 +0000

I encountered the same problem with TightVNC
while troubleshooting an error message about missing
~/.vnc directory.  Got around the problem with the hack
I don't know the purpose of the exit clause that I
commented out, but I haven't run into any nasty side effects
yet.  If anyone more knowledgeable about it could comment
or clarify, how about posting?

Fred Ma
Department of Electronics
Carleton University, Mackenzie Building
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada     K1S 5B6
fma "at"

> Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 23:29:51 -0800 (PST)
> From: throopw "at" (Wayne Throop)
> Subject: Re: vnc-list-digest V1 #1410
> Oh, and remember that, for some reason, unix vncserver asks the
> password the first time but doesn't start the viewer; once you've
> set the password for a given user, the *next* attempt to start
> vncserver will actually start one.  Just a peculiarity of the way
> the vncserver script was done...
> Wayne Throop   throopw "at"
See also: