disabled wall paper.

Robert Davis sniper_lt "at" hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:32:35 +0000

You know I never heard of this feature. I use vnc on all my class room
computer to:
1) Help beginning users when they get stuck or ar not following the lessons
that I am putting up on my projector.

or

20 To ensure that they are not doing something that the should not be doing
that I would later have to fix.

Since I have instituted systems policies reason 2 has been less of a issue
and reason 1 is the more important feature. The system tray icon is on each
machine in the class room. But my students are not of a level of
sophistication that they ever notice it. I would be glad if they actually
looked at the task bar when I tell them to minimze a window. The tend to
start a second instance of a program rather then restoring the one that is
minimized.

But getting aback to the topic at hand. Whenever I have connected to a users
machine using vnc the wallpaper stays that same. Of course I am running
windows98 SE on all machine, both my workstation and their machines. I also
have the wall paper set to none in the systems policies and the systems menu
(right click) turned off so that may have something to do with it. Does
it???

Thanks