Lets bundle forces

De Vos Rudi rudi.de.vos "at" skynet.be
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:18:10 +0000

> Const's TightVNC is essential, but the tight version is not a good
> starting point.
Why is that? Because it is not as modularized as we would like?
YES
Is there a better starting point, or do you think it would be best to
build
a new code base from the ground up? I'd certainly like to see as much
reuse as possible.
True, don't try to rebuild, take the right stuff from the different
versions and let it work together.
Tight
-If we can move the encoder to a dll
AT&T
-Al different versions are based on the AT&T source code.
-The smaller the code, the easyer it is to move some code to a plugin.
LibVNCServer
-looks good....,perhaps also a good base.

I use Unix all day (job) and have to use wintendo for some company
stuff.
 Vnc is an excelent tool for it, but is to slow.

The add-ons I have done or improved so far
Single application server.
At this point am testing a mirror video driver for passing the screen
updates to the winVNCserver.  I gone use the libVNCServer for further
testing,  if it compiles on win32
http://services.simac.be/vnc/single
http://services.simac.be/vnc/winvncdrv

Greeting