newbie

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:16:23 +0000

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 12:50:16PM +0530, Jasmeet Singh Virdi wrote:
> Hi,
>    Does that mean that i can modify the protocol to incorporate a new
> compression technique (that i developed) and not make anything visible to
> the public and sell that product ?????

Yes, as long as your source code is all yours.  If you modified source
code that is licensed under the GPL, then you cannot do this.  The
protocol itself is not protected by any licensing.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/