Insecure VNC through corporate firewalls

Chuck Renner chuck "at" dataoncd.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:00:57 +0000

Dave -

Does your version of VNC support changing the outgoing port of WinVNC for an
"add new client" connection from 5500 to something else?

- Chuck Renner

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Andrew van der
Stock
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:59 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: Insecure VNC through corporate firewalls

Dave,

Do you make it harder for the NT users to retrieve or set the password
key from the registry? The password key should be System:FullControl,
Administrators:Full Control (and that's it).

Lots of boxes do not have local or remote registry permissions, allowing
VNC to be hijacked from the local LAN.

Andrew