Solaris-2-Solaris problem

Shing-Fat Fred Ma fma "at" doe.carleton.ca
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:50:52 +0000

I got that error message alot when I first used VNC.
The cause?  The server wasn't really
running because of errors that were encountered
e.g. because I mucked around with the ~/.vnc/xstartup
script or the vncserver script, or just problems with the
way I invoked the server.  The cause is usually very
explicit from examining ~/.vnc/MachineName:3.log
(replace 3 with whatever display number you used to
start the server).

Fred
Fred Ma
Department of Electronics