Solaris-2-Solaris problem

Ramin Balaghi Ramin.Balaghi "at" ericsson.com.au
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 04:51:52 +0000

I'm trying to configure two unix machines (Solaris 8) so that I can use
one of them as a vnc server and the other as a vnc client.
They both are on a same subnet (no proxy or firewall between).
I have executed 'vncserver' and provided the password.
On the vnc client I get following message when I execute 'vncviewer
<hostname or ip-address>':

vncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: Connection refused
Unable to connect to VNC server

I can telnet to the vnc server from the vnc client and (after setting
the DISPLAY) launch, for example, xterm. So I guess the X part is
working.
I've run 'vncserver' both as root and non-root user with the same
result.
Would appreciate if anybody could come with a suggestion.
Regards,
Ramin.