Lets bundle forces

Andrew van der Stock ajv "at" greebo.net
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 01:36:25 +0000

My efforts are for *all* of the VNC projects.

It's somewhere for all projects to go, and to be able to leverage the
great stuff many of them have done (scaling, better encoders, etc) and
make it available to all, whilst documenting and normalizing the
protocol, and getting the intractable security problems fixed, whilst
not throwing away code that works today, and works well. And then add
the things that many users have asked for, like local printing, sound,
file transfers, etc.

Essence du VNC:

* portability
* lightweight
* thick server heavy, thin client
* interoperability (although with fragmentation, this is starting to be
a problem)

Although I have a derivative on sourceforge called "SecureVNC", think of
this as proto-"VNC 4.0". I am not interested long term in being a VNC
author / maintainer - my focus has always been security.

Andrew