disabled wallpaper feature ( in the US )

tony@Instaview.com tony "at" instaview.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:36:48 +0000

Its not illegal in the US as we all sign agreement forms permiting this,
and i for one, would also like to know how to disable this if its even
possible.. aside from descretre monitoring reasons, its annoying to the
user.

Personally I leave the vnc system tray icon, as a reminder that the IT
department
 *CAN* monitor/record/etc, as needed..

** Original Thread: **

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:33:49 -0000
From: "David Colliver" <david.colliver "at" revilloc.com>
Subject: Re: disabled wallpaper feature

I would be wary of this.

1. The email address is from a free internet provider.
2. If he has the icon turned off as well as this, then it may be for more
suspicious activity.
3. As I understand, this sort of workplace monitoring is illegal in the UK.
Only authorised connections, where the user is aware of the connection
happening, and has given permission (i.e. for fault finding) is allowed.

Methinks this is not quite legitimate. I don't know how to do it, but even
if I did, before I would give any answers, I would need more information.

Regards.
David Colliver.