RDP License

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:43:04 +0000

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 06:28:23PM +0530, Jasmeet Singh Virdi wrote:

> 	If i develop an application based on RDP protocol, do i have make it
> open source ?? or for that matter reveal the source to VNC ??

VNC doesn't have anything (directly) to do with RDP.  If you want to
create a proprietary RDP application, I suggest licensing the protocol
specification from Microsoft.

Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/