WinVNC 3.3.3r9 Memory Leak

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:41:25 +0000

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 11:50:49AM -0000, Steve Daly wrote:

> SOLUTION
> A workaround for Win95 use is to install the Winsock2 Upgrade.
> It would obviously be better to modify WinVNC so that it will work on all
> Winsock versions without leaking memory
<snip>
> Any comments on the vailidity of caching the hostname would be appreciated

Sounds great to me, although I disagree with your classification of
solutions and workarounds.  The bug is in Win95.  Fixing the bug is the
solution.  Working around the problem in WinVNC is a workaround, but it
would be a welcome one.

Thanks for taking the time to figure this out.

Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/