WinVNC and Apache Reverse Proxy

Christopher Tesla christophert "at" cellulargenomics.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:14:37 +0000

The Apache system will reverse proxy the HTTP requests, but once you reach the
VNC requests it falls down.  You need a way to redirect RFB traffic as well.

I have tried several proxy servers, but they all seem to want to utilize HTTP.
I set them up and when I initiate the viewer I get Invalid Protocol errors.

I am trying to get the VNCProxy add-on to work.  Maybe that will work better,
since it is designed to redirect VNC traffic.

We'll see.

C-ya
Chris

*snip*