WinVNC and Apache Reverse Proxy

Ravi Appanah rappanah "at" cf6.fr
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:47:47 +0000

Hi !!!

I'm making some tests about a secure solution for managing M$ servers with
WinVNC.

M$ Win2K Client  <---- HTTP ---->  Linux  <--- SSH ---> M$ Win2K Server

When the administrator wants to connect to the M$ Server, he connects
with a vncviewer or a browser to the Linux server.
When the Linux gets the requests, a ssh tunnel is automatically mounted to
the M$ Server.
An openssh server (http://www.networksimplicity.com/openssh) is running on
the M$ Server.
Public / Private keys authentication is done.
This configuration works fine.

We want now to install an Apache Reverse Proxy on the Linux server and we
want to access to the
M$ Server only with a browser (because we want tho use X509v3 certificates
for
authentication on the Apache Reverse Proxy) :

M$ Win2K Client  <---- HTTPS ---->  Linux  <--- SSH ---> M$ Win2K Server

This configuration does not work !!!
The Apache server can't find vncviewer applet...

I know that previous messages has been already sent with this same
configuration (last week).

I'm trying to find a solution...
If you find a solution before me please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Ravi APPANAH

Ravi APPANAH