disabled wallpaper feature

chenks@tiscali.co.uk chenks "at" tiscali.co.uk
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:16:43 +0000

i am using v3.3.3r9

i know that it disables the wallpaper on the pc i am connecting to.. and
then enables it again when i disconnect..

the question is.. how do i disable this feature so that the wallpaper
doesn't get turned off at all ?

the reason i ask is that we use VNC to monitor users dekstops and at the
moment they know when we do it as the wallpaper changes... we would prefer
them not to know this as it kinda defeats the purpose of using it as a
monitoring tool.

i had a look at the vnc website and it mentions a registry tweek, but i
wasn't sure what exactly to do there... can anyone give a step-by-step guide
to do this ??

thanx