problem connecting to VNC server on a Win2k box

Peter G. Petropoulos peterp "at"
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:27:59 +0000

Hello all,

I try to connect to a Win2k box using the vncviewer of a different
host (linux and dec) and the desktop of the remote Win2k box comes up
for a few seconds and then closes with a "vncviewer: VNC server closed

Then I try with a netscape browser and after login in through the VNC
authentication screen I get the remote desktop in the browser for a few
seconds and then I get in the browser " Unknown RFB
message type -1".

Can anyone help ?

Best regards,
Department: Mathematics, NJIT