password for sharing the desktop

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:10:28 +0000

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 06:27:36PM +0100, Tomas Davidek wrote:
> 2. can one override the default minimal lenght of the password under Linux

Not without a change to the source, as far as I know.  It would be a
pretty simple change, though.

> 3. if so, is it possible to disable the password under Linux ?

If you use Xvnc directly (without the vnc-server wrapper) you can choose
to not use authentication at all (don't specify the -rfbauth file).  You
can also edit vnc-server to do this.  Just comment out the line that has
"rfbauth" in it.

Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/