AuthHosts with HTTP access to VNC Server

pierre.marchand@afnor.fr pierre.marchand "at" afnor.fr
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:36:04 +0000

Hello,
I am configuring access to VNC server with AuthHosts and null password so
that I don't have to enter the password each time I connect to the server.

AuthHosts is like "-:10.10.0.1:"

When I connect to the VNC server with the VNC viewer, it works fine: I
connect without password prompt. I am rejected if the IP address is
incorrect.

When I connect with Internet explorer, I allways receive the first page
prompting me the password even though the IP address is 10.10.0.1.

Is it possible to avoid this?

Thank you for helping me.
Bye
Pierre