Offspring of VNC?

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:20:55 +0000

One direct variation on the viewer which I have not seen documented on the VNC site is VNCX, a VNC ActiveX control - allows you to
run VNC from Internet Explorer or MSHTA.EXE, no Java; you can also do standard embedding of the viewer this way.

The url for it is
http://tummy.veridicus.com/tummy/programming/vncx/

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Milette" <tng "at" cyberus.ca>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Friday/2002 January 11 03:39
Subject: Re: Offspring of VNC?

: Over the last few months, I have seen several variations mentioned here on
: the list. Unfortunately I have not been compiling a list for such an
: occasion. Though I am sure there are many more out there, here are some
: just off the top of my head:
:
: At http://www.rabidpenguin.org/diversions.html you will find two versions
: of VNC: One that allows you to use IP authentication and another that uses
: NT authentication.
:
: There is also another version that from
: http://www.smtechnologies.com/downloads.htm that authenticates against an
: NT domain.
:
: I am not sure if it is actually a different version of VNC or not but
: http://fredrik.hubbe.net/win2vnc.html has something called Win2VNC that is
: basically a dual-screen VNC hack for Windows.
:
: Of course we should not forget ZVNC, the ZeBeDee enabled version of VNC
: available from http://people.we.mediaone.net/ddyer/znc/zvnc.html
:
: You can find these and others at
: http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/extras.html or on the "other platforms &
: environments" page at http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/platforms.html.
:
:                                  Michael Milette
: