Offspring of VNC?

Michael Milette tng "at" cyberus.ca
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:43:49 +0000

Over the last few months, I have seen several variations mentioned here on
the list. Unfortunately I have not been compiling a list for such an
occasion. Though I am sure there are many more out there, here are some
just off the top of my head:

At http://www.rabidpenguin.org/diversions.html you will find two versions
of VNC: One that allows you to use IP authentication and another that uses
NT authentication.

There is also another version that from
http://www.smtechnologies.com/downloads.htm that authenticates against an
NT domain.

I am not sure if it is actually a different version of VNC or not but
http://fredrik.hubbe.net/win2vnc.html has something called Win2VNC that is
basically a dual-screen VNC hack for Windows.

Of course we should not forget ZVNC, the ZeBeDee enabled version of VNC
available from http://people.we.mediaone.net/ddyer/znc/zvnc.html

You can find these and others at
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/extras.html or on the "other platforms &
environments" page at http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/platforms.html.