TightVNC

Steve Johnson sjohnson "at" metronet.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:57:58 +0000

Greetings,

Excuse what perhaps is a newbie question...

I have had Win32 TightVNC installed for some time connecting
from predominantly W2k Pro to other Pro workstations and 2k
Servers. I have one issue I have not been able to answer.

If I connect on a local lan, open notepad or dos edit, the cursor
control (up,down,left,right) work fine.

If I connect from home over net, open similar apps, cursor control
keys do not work. The connection is fine and all other keys work. I
have installed this straight out of the box. The only difference as
recommended by others, on local lan I have settings for Hextile and
Tight over net. Switching to either Tight/Hextile does not make a
difference.

For the life of me I cannot figure why this condition exists...I'm sure
its probably a short between my chair and the keyboard.

Any clues or suggestions on where to look a would be most
welcomed.

Steve