TightVNC

David Brodbeck DavidB "at" mail.interclean.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:03:47 +0000

I use it and have had no problems.  It's faster over modem links, but over
high-speed ethernet links the Tight encoding tends to be slower than
Hextile.  (You can switch it to Hextile coding, though, it doesn't always
have to use Tight.)  It interoperates with the regular VNC viewer and
server, you just don't get the benefits of the Tight encoding and local
cursor tracking.  (The local cursor is the best enhancement, I think.)

Some people have reported problems with the Linux viewer.  I don't view from
Linux, so I can't comment.