TightVNC

Andrew Krug akrug "at" amcp.org
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:52:03 +0000

Just curious if anyone has use this version of VNC?  I am thinking about
using it but how does it compare in the realworld to regular VNC?
http://www.tightvnc.com/

Andrew Krug, MCP
IT Manager
Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy
100 North Pitt Street
Suite 400
Alexandria, VA 22314
P:703.683.8416
F:703.683.8417
E:akrug "at" amcp.org

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Roy Long
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 9:13 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: vnc on OS X

On Thursday, January 10, 2002, at 07:46  AM, David Oliver wrote:

> Can anyone using OS X comment on using vnc in thhis OS's various
> environments (user experiences, suggestions of the best way to
> implement,
> etc.). I assume running it under Darwin, not Classic, is the natural
> way to
> go, as I don't know of any implementations in X itself.

Been using the VNCThing client for some time now.   Works GREAT!
Stable, handles clicks and drags well and supports custom settings for
middle and right mouse buttons.

Here's the URL for the client...
http://www.webthing.net/vncthing/

Here's the URL for the server...