Can connect to vnc server with java client but not vnc-viewer!!

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:21:19 +0000

That's weird, but there might be a problem with some files used by the VNC server.  It could also be an issue with the handling for
that port.

As a test, try telnetting to port 5900 of the VNC server BOTH locally and remotely.  You should see this echoed back when you
connect:

"RFB 003.003"

If it occurs neither locally nor from a remote site, there is a problem with the WinVNC server.  If you can connect locally but not
remotely, then it is a problem with the forwarding.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Lanter" <tlanter "at" one.net>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Thursday/2002 January 10 00:17
Subject: Can connect to vnc server with java client but not vnc-viewer!!

: I have a windows 98 machine running vnc version 3.3.3r9 that sits behind
: a linksys DSL router.  Across the Internet I can connect to the machine
: using the java based browser client but not the vnc viewer.
:
:
:
: I have ports 5800 and 5900 forwarded to the machines ip address.
:
:
:
: Can anyone please tell me why the vnc viewer does not work while the
: java client does?