Can connect to vnc server with java client but not vnc-viewer!!

Tom Lanter tlanter "at" one.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 05:17:37 +0000

I have a windows 98 machine running vnc version 3.3.3r9 that sits behind
a linksys DSL router.  Across the Internet I can connect to the machine
using the java based browser client but not the vnc viewer.

I have ports 5800 and 5900 forwarded to the machines ip address.

Can anyone please tell me why the vnc viewer does not work while the
java client does?