Send Keystrokes with VNC

Floyd Russell floyd "at" neospire.net
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:04:07 +0000

If the machine is unlocked then I could write a perl script to watch
for the dialog box and click enter.. that is not a problem. The problem
is when the machine is locked and I need to click that button. The easiest
resolution to me was to just have VNC send a return blindly. I have
strong reservations about installing ActiveX controls.

http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/index.html for a
: |> > program that would make this task almost trivial to set up.
: |> And it's free.
: |>
: |> Excellent!  I've been looking for something like this on Windows.  In
: |> answer to the original question, you could also use rfbplaymacro
: |> (available on freshmeat) if you have a Unix box to run it on.  I've
been
: |> using it to script VNC sessions for bandwidth testing and have had
: |> success.
: |>
: |> --
: |> Mike Ossmann, Tarantella/UNIX Engineer/Instructor
: |> Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/
: |> To unsubscribe, mail majordomo "at" uk.research.att.com with the line:
: |> 'unsubscribe vnc-list' in the message BODY
: |> See also: http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/intouch.html
: |>