VNC will not go to full screen

Michael Herron m-herron "at" northwestern.edu
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 20:59:04 +0000

Hello.

I am running VNC on a laptop.  When the laptop is driving an 18"
external monitor, which it often does, then VNC will not go to full
screen.  When I select full screen, then the VNC window fills about
2/3 of the external monitor and the rest of the space on the monitor
is solid black.  I have also tried to expand manually the VNC window
by dragging on a corner, but this does not work.  I can only make the
VNC window cover 2/3 of the external monitor.

On the other hand, full screen mode works fine when the laptop is not
driving an external monitor.

Any ideas on this?

michael