Send Keystrokes with VNC

Charlie Bailey Charlie.Bailey "at" smithscity.co.nz
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 19:54:10 +0000

Check out http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/ - it's a scripting program.
I've used it before to open VNC, connect & carry out a task on the remote
computer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Floyd Russell [mailto:floyd "at" neospire.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 4:42 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Send Keystrokes with VNC

Ok, so yet again I will ask this question. Does anyone have an example of
how to send a series of keystrokes to a VNC server, including the
login/logout process? I need to be able to write a script that logs into a
server running VNC, sends return, and quits. The last time I sent a message
like this I got a lot of "use such and such program it sits on the server
and waits for dialog boxes and does stuff accordingly". The problem is that
this server is a WinNT 4.0 Server, that remains locked whenever there is not
a human working on it. This particular error message pops up over the
Workstation Locked message. If anyone has some simple example they could
throw my way it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Floyd R.