Send Keystrokes with VNC

Floyd Russell floyd "at" neospire.net
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 19:33:44 +0000

I tried rfbplaymacro and found it tedious to work with at best. The
reason I don't want to used something like AutoIt is that our monitoring
system will alert me when a failure has occured. As this point is when I
would want to fire off a perl script that could connect to the VNC server
and hit enter on an error dialog box, which will then allow a failing
website to run. The last time I brought something like this to the list
I was told to "throw out such a horrible program". I truly wish it was
that easy, but getting rid of the offending software is not even an option.
If anyone has some good examples of rfbplaymacro I would be willing to
re-investigate it.
Thanks all,
Floyd Russell