Borland's Kylix over VNC

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 19:05:38 +0000

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 12:04:07PM -0600, Bob Horton wrote:

> Anyway, I've got Gnome coming up just fine and I seem to be able to run
> applications remotely without a problem (I tried Abiword and Freecell) but I
> get an Access violation error when I launch Kylix.  When I launch it on the
> console window it seems to run Ok ... although it doesn't seem completely
> stable so there might be problems with my install in other ways.

My guess is that Kylix has some sort of incompatibility with the Xvnc X
server.  You might try x0rfbserver:

http://www.hexonet.de/software/x0rfbserver/

I've never used it, but it might have a different X codebase that would
be compatible.

> I really need to get this working as soon as possible as the TV show is
> tonight and I only have a couple hours to get this working!

Good luck.  You may have to lug a Linux box to the studio.

Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/