Send Keystrokes with VNC

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 15:57:23 +0000

I don't think I saw your original post, Floyd. Would you resubmit it?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Floyd Russell" <floyd "at" neospire.net>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Wednesday/2002 January 09 10:41
Subject: Send Keystrokes with VNC

: Ok, so yet again I will ask this question. Does anyone have an example
: of how to send a series of keystrokes to a VNC server, including the
: login/logout
: process? I need to be able to write a script that logs into a server running
: VNC, sends return, and quits. The last time I sent a message like this I got
: a
: lot of "use such and such program it sits on the server and waits for dialog
: boxes and does stuff accordingly". The problem is that this server is a
: WinNT 4.0 Server,
: that remains locked whenever there is not a human working on it. This
: particular
: error message pops up over the Workstation Locked message. If anyone has
: some simple
: example they could throw my way it would be greatly appreciated.
: Thanks,
: Floyd R.