SSH, VNC, Windows

Boyd D. Mills BMills "at" VCIControls.ca
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 21:51:30 +0000

Hi,
I know this question has been posed before, but every search path seems to
be a dead end.

The situation is:
I have OpenSSH v3.0.2 for Windows running on a Windows NT machine.
>From another machine, I can use SSH client to establish a secure connection,
so that part is working ok.

I have VNC 3.3.3 R9 running on the same Windows NT machine.
>From another machine, I can use a web browser to access the VNC server with
http:servername:5800

The requirement is to ENFORCE secure access to VNC through the web browser.
The first thing is to configure OpenSSH on the server machine to effectively
sit between VNC server and the remote browser machine.
The second (hopefully two in the same) is to disable unsecure connections to
VNC.

I'd rather not have to invest in a second platform to run *ix to do the
rerouting.

Links to definitive instructions would be greatly appreciated.  Web pages
that ramble on about how easy it is to do in *ix platforms do not help me
much.

Regards,
Boyd

mailto:BMills "at" VCIControls.ca